VENICE, 1576 – Five years after the defeat of the Ottoman Empire at the Battle of Lepanto, a ship steals unnoticed into Venice bearing a deadly cargo. A man, more dead than alive, disembarks and staggers into Piazza San Marco. He brings a gift to Venice from Constantinople. Within days the city is infected with bubonic plague – and the Turkish Sultan has his revenge.
But the ship also holds a secret stowaway - Feyra, a young and beautiful harem doctor fleeing a future as the Sultan’s concubine. Only her wits and medical knowledge keep her alive as the plague ravages Venice.
In despair the Doge commissions the architect Andrea Palladio to build the greatest church of his career – an offering to God so magnificent that Venice will be saved. But Palladio’s own life is in danger too, and it will require all skills of medico Annibale Cason, the city’s finest plague doctor, to keep him alive.
But what Annibale had not counted on was meeting Feyra, who is now under Palladio’s protection, a woman who can not only match his medical skills but can also teach him how to care.
- Buy The Venetian Contract on Amazon.co.uk
“The rich heritage of Siena is shown in all its facets, with scenes moving from formal staterooms and candle-lit cathedrals to dirty stables and macabre dungeons. The rich apricot silk gown on the cover reveals only part of the tale. Like the Palio itself, The Daughters of Siena is an exciting entertainment steeped in local color and years of cultural traditions.”
- Sarah Johnson, Reading the Past
- Buy Daughter of Siena on Amazon.co.uk
“Marina Fiorato has proved herself the master of mystery and queen of historical fiction with The Botticelli Secret.”
- Danya, Night Owl Reviews Staff
“I enjoyed the Glassblower of Murano very much but I liked this one even more… vibrant with colour… a simply gorgeous book.”
- Random Jottings
- Buy The Madonna of the Almonds on Amazon.co.uk
- Buy The Madonna of the Almonds at Waterstones online
- Buy The Madonna of the Almonds at Play.com
- Buy The Glassblower of Murano on Amazon.co.uk
- Buy The Glassblower of Murano at Waterstones online
- Buy The Glassblower of Murano at Play.com
“Fiorato captivates her reader as surely and intricately as the beautiful city of Venice enchants her characters. A fascinating tale of mystery and dedication, of love and betrayal.”
- Kate Furnivall, author of The Russian Concubine.